Two of my all-time favorite Cooklises are expecting a third this October. All fans of this epic couple are so happy and excited to meet Baby Cookie. So in honor of this anticipated bundle of awesomeness, their fabulous sister and soon-to-be auntie, Hannah, made these amazingly genius cookies for Sunday’s baby shower.
They** say this cookie will change your life. And when it comes to Baby Cookie and these Nutella-Stuffed Brown Butter + Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies….they couldn’t be more right.
NUTELLA STUFFED BROWN BUTTER + SEA SALT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Source: Monique from Ambitious Kitchen
Recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- 2 1/4 cup allpurpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Start your brown butter by melting it in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will begin to foam. Make sure you gently stir during this process and keep a close watch on the coloring and aroma. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan; continue to stir and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to turn a night light caramel color and give off a nutty aroma. Immediately transfer the butter to a bowl to prevent burning. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, vanilla, and yogurt until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly and beat until combined. Gently fold in all of the chocolate chips.
- Chill your dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator, or place in freezer for 30 minutes if you are super eager, although I cannot promise the same results if you do this.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Once dough is chilled measure about 1-1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten the dough ball very thinly into the palm of your hand.
- Place 1 teaspoon of chilled Nutella in the middle and fold dough around it; gently roll into a ball. Make sure that the Nutella is not seeping out of the dough. Add more dough if necessary.
- Place dough balls on cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart and flatten with your hand VERY gently. (Really only the tops need to be flattened a bit.)
- Bake the cookies 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look a bit underdone in the middle, but will continue to cook once out of the oven. Cool the cookies on the sheets at least 2 minutes. Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
- Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheets after a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Dear Baby Cookie,
Thank you for letting us celebrate your upcoming arrival with such good food and even better people. You have an amazing group of family and friends who are all so very excited to meet you. And let me tell you, your mom and dad—there’s no one better. We are all lucky to know them, and you, miss or mister…damn, are you lucky to call them Mom and Dad. Milk shots and cookies to celebrate your legend[—wait for it—]dary arrival!
Cheers and see you soon,
Ps. **I don’t really know who “they” is, but I trust them. If they have anything to do with these cookies—I trust them.